Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day Four: Ferry Ride to Price Rupert (the inside passage)

The inside passage

Deadlines and Schedules Oh-my, to this point and after this point Schedules are Just a guide more than the rule, today our Schedule is really marking a deadline we need to meet, I’m actually nervous I will miss the ship and nervous about securing my bike so it does not fall over, as well I have a fear someone’s car is going to roll around at run over my bike…














This leg of the trip will involve vary little riding but still take about 16 hours starting at 7:30am and arriving at 11:30PM, it’s going to be a long day..



This is, in reverse part of the trip I had planned for my 2013 trip, but at the time I just could not see myself riding on a ferry rather than riding my motorcycle. My plan then was to ride a three day Ferry down and experiencing the full inside passage and the camaraderie that goes with it, I had visions of a Hippie tent town aboard a ship cursing down and amazing labyrinth of mountains and sea, then jumping on my bike and riding only two more days home, it was just too much to think my trip would be over like that so I rode the solo trip and had the time of my life.

This time the risk is small, I will not miss any part of the ride, in fact on the return trip I will ride the missing portion taken by the ferry on the way up, I’m adding an important piece missing from road travel and experiencing something new, I just need to find something to do for 16hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment