Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day Six: Hyder AK to Watson Lake

Hyder AK to Watson Lake

Passing Dease Lake and then Simmons Like and Vines Lake you feel as if you found the longest lakes in the world, they just keeps going and going and going, it’s amazing! Again I find myself thinking I would like to stay a while and explore…so many places to explore so little time.

Today we will finish the Stuart Cassiar Hwy and head up the Alaska Hwy to Watson Lake and the Signpost Forest. Its worth a note, in 2013 I rode the Cassiar on the way up and the Alaska Hwy on the way back, and though you hear people talking about the challenge of the Cassiar Vs the easy rout of the Alaska Hwy, on my trip I felt the Alaska Hwy was more of a challenge in terms of fatigue and the risk of other drivers colliding with you. Also on the Cassiar you feel like you’re on an adventure whereas on the Alaska Hwy highway your just part of the crowds headed North or South. I like the intimate experience of the Cassiar, I plan to ride this on the way back this time as well.
















No comments:

Post a Comment